All-inclusive gentle sailing cruises on the Aegean coast, a unique region of spectacular landscapes.
Our boats (gulets) are comfortable traditionally built Turkish yachts. They vary in size and can accommodate between 6 and 16 people. Rigged as staysail schooners, with all sails up, their classic lines are a beautiful sight to see. They sail steadily in the gentle off-shore breezes and remain stable even when the wind rises. The large marine diesel engine is used when the wind dies or to make to windward. Guests can help with the sailing if they wish – or laze in the sun and leave it entirely to the crew.
The daily itinerary is agreed between the captain and guests. It normally involves a leisurely sail after breakfast, lunch and siesta in a secluded bay, an afternoon sail or motor to settle for the night in a sheltered bay or in an ancient harbour.
As well as enjoying the natural and cultural beauty of the area, a holiday on board a gulet offers comfort and a fabulously relaxing and fun holiday for friends and family. It is the ultimate really spoiling break. Simply bask in the sun and scenery and allow the crew to serve you delicious organic Turkish food and drinks. The local wine, beer and soft drinks are included in the price and available at any time. Swim, snorkel, windsurf or explore ashore, whenever at anchor.
You don’t need to be a keen sailor to enjoy a holiday on board one of these beautiful boats, you just have to appreciate wonderful scenery, being looked after by an attentive and professional crew and hopefully, being amused by your friends.
- A large coach-roof sundeck with ample sunbeds for everyone
- A spacious rear sundeck area with lounging sunbeds, big cushions, chairs and dining table under the shade of an large awning
- A central saloon with the kitchen and bar and inside dining table. a Turkish killim (rug) on the floor leading down to
- Beautiful wood panelled double cabins (some cabins have an extra bunk) with en-suite shower room with basin and loo, equipped with lights and electrical facilities for hair dryers and chargers
- There is a small selection of board games and books
- CD player and iPod docking station – but bring your own iPods
- A range of water sports equipment – canoe, paddle board, snorkelling gear and fishing equipment
The Turkish coast is alive with history. Ephesus is the best-preserved classical city on the eastern Mediterranean. Bodrum is one of the Aegean’s prettiest resorts and home of the Mausoleum and Castle of St Peter. Dalyan, with the ancient Acropolis of Kaunos, offers a fascinating excursion. A trip up river in a little boat leads past the tombs to the mud baths and eventually to a large fresh water lake where your crew prepare a barbecue on board. Other interesting places include Gemilar Island, the Saklikent Gorge and the underwater city of Kekova. Although there is an additional charge, the Greek islands of Kos, Rhodes, Symi and Patmos are well worth a visit.
The season lasts from April until October. Although sunshine cannot be guaranteed, cloud is almost unknown during this period. The top temperature varies between 25 degrees centigrade in April, May and October and 30 to 35 degrees centigrade in June – August, when many guests choose to sleep on deck.
|Month||Sat - Sat||5 Cabins||6 Cabins||7 Cabins||8 Cabins|
The prices above are for the sole charter of the yacht with crew. They exclude meals and drinks on board. The cost of breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and local wines, beer, gin and soft drinks for 7 days, and a two course dinner and on board for five days is £330 per person per week.
Once the above is added together the price includes:
- The services of an experienced crew of a captain, cook and one or two deckhands
- Breakfast, lunch and tea daily, dinner five nights on board
- Local wines, beer, gin and soft drinks
- Fuel, harbour fees (for harbours on our route) and fresh water
- Towels, sheets, pillows, duvets (pre-season and late season)
- Wifi max 2 hours daily for emails
- Departure from Bodrum Bitez or Fethiye (alternatives are to fly to and embark and disembark in Kos or to just visit the Greek islands.)
- We offer a 10% discount on the second week of your cruise when you book a two-week cruise
- Children up to the age 6 years stay on board for free, this includes all meals and drinks on board
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 years old receive a 50% discount on meals and drinks (£165.00)
- Teenagers between the ages of 13 and 17 receive a 15% discount on meals and drinks on board (£280.50)
Not included in the price:
- Visa on entry into Turkey (£20.00 per person) To apply on-line
- Transfers to and from the airport (These can be arranged and are paid locally)
- Foreign liqueurs and spirits
- Air-conditioning (approx £50 per 3 hours daily)
- 2 Evening meals ashore (this includes your last night)
- Diving or water-skiing, which is available on request at the local rate
- Travel and medical insurance
- Additional charges for requested departure from Marmaris or Fethiye (approx €20 per person)
- Additional charges to visit or start in the Greek Islands approx €1200 per gulet per week
- Land excursions
- Tips (optional)
Enquiries for Turkish Gulet Charters please contact Belvedere Travel.